The West Dulwich Forum
Share your thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich, SE21

You are here: Forum > About this forum
Improvements to the WDF
Posted by: downsouth 14 December, 2007 17:12

Use this thread to give feedback about anything you'd like to see on this site.

Re: Improvements to the WDF
Posted by: downsouth 20 February, 2009 16:37

I have seen some comments come through recently about this site (format, topics etc...) but it is best to put them here, that way they can be considered by all. If there enough people want things changed then they will be.

Posted by: Local 20 February, 2009 21:16

Repost from the What's on thread:
There are things going on in West Dulwich, but they're hard to find in this thread.
It would be really helpful if events could be sorted into date order and past events deleted, or archived.

Posted by: Tallman 02 September, 2009 10:21

Hi.
I am new to this Website, Is there a reason why the tool Bar is not shown?
I would put this down to one of the reasons that there are so few postings.
If a person is in the habit of making use of the tool bar on simular webs this does make a disadvantage.

Posted by: Hooray 02 September, 2009 10:48

If the administrator has a spare moment perhaps s/he could correct the strapline at the top 'Share YOUR thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich, SE21'.

Ah, the sweet smell of pedantry.

Posted by: dan75 15 October, 2009 20:22

Hello

Is there a simple explaination as to how to compress pictures enough to be able to attach here when you post a new thread. There in My Pictures on Windows Vista. I can send to a compressed folder but it seems that is not enough. Thanks for any advice anyone can give.

Dan

Posted by: Administrator 27 November, 2009 08:24

Hooray Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the administrator has a spare moment perhaps
> s/he could correct the strapline at the top 'Share
> YOUR thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich,
> SE21'.

Done. At last.

Posted by: Chipolopolo 18 November, 2011 09:34

Hi-

have recently moved to the area and have found the forum useful for lots of stuff. One thing I think may help it gather more momentum and posts is to link it to a twitterfeed(e.g. TwestDulwich which is available, combined with a hashtag of #westdulwich) so that it tweets each time there is a new post and people can follow those tweets on Twitter thus hopefully drawing more traffic to the forum and stimluating more discussion.

The Urban75 Brixton forum and EastDulwich Forum both do this and it seems to work well:
http://twitter.com/#!/TweetsDulwich
http://twitter.com/#!/brixtonbuzz

If you think this is a good idea let me know if you need any help setting it up.

Cheers

Posted by: right-clicking 03 April, 2012 17:08

Dan 75 and anybody else struggling to attach photo's Built into windows is paint! resize button, reduce the 100 to 10 then save, Here is a link for a neat little app that will add a resize function to your right click context menu, free and easy to use.
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/cumgranosalis/archive/2009/01/14/new-version-of-prish-image-resizer-x64-support-unicode-support-it-s-been-a-while.aspx

Of Coarse you could simply adjust your camera's settings to the lowest "quality" setting and this will reduce the file size at source!!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2012 13:02 by right-clicking.

Attachments: cow.jpg (10KB)  

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
                                Terms of use               RSS rss feed                Help & FAQs               Website Design