The West Dulwich Forum
Share your thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich, SE21

Lost Squeak, Rosendale Road
Posted by: unicorn47 03 September, 2014 12:14

Our little cat Squeak went missing some time on Friday night last week (the 29th). He's black and white with a very fluffy tail and long whiskers, no collar. He's about a year old and has a very faint miaow. We'd be so grateful if people could keep an eye out. He doesn't usually wander far and is usually with his brother, also black and white, but short-haired. Any info would be much appreciated, he's much missed.

Re: Lost Squeak, Rosendale Road
Posted by: LadyNorwood 03 September, 2014 15:05

Which part of Rosendale Road? Is he micro-chipped or does he wear a collar? Do you have a photo??

Posted by: unicorn47 03 September, 2014 19:25

He went missing from the corner of Rosendale/Turney/Dalkeith roads, on the mini roundabout near Rosendale Primary School, sometime between midnight and 8am on the night of Friday 29th August. He doesn't wear a collar and he's not microchipped, but he is neutered. He's very friendly, black and white with a very fluffy tail. His miaow is very faint, more like a squeak (hence the name). He's never wandered off before and is usually with his brother, a short-haired black and white. If people could check their sheds/garages/trees etc, we'd be very grateful. many thanks.

Posted by: unicorn47 04 September, 2014 10:28

Here's a photo of him - though it's when he was a kitten. Don't seem to have taken many since, but it gives you an idea.

Attachments: kitty.jpg (25.5KB)  
Posted by: frustratedmother 04 September, 2014 21:15

im sorry to say that there was a dead black cat with some white markings around this area I saw in the middle of the road at about 6.30 am, and then at 7.15 am when I looked again someone had moved it to the pavement and just then a council lorry came by and picked it up and took it away in a green sack. I think it was last saturday morning. it was just in front of that pair of 1950's semis between Dalkieth and the tennis courts.

Posted by: unicorn47 05 September, 2014 16:00

Thank you so much for letting me know. We live in one of those semis (240, on the corner of Rosendale/Dalkeith/Turney), and the times fit exactly (we saw him in the kitchen at midnight on Friday night, then we shut the door as usual, opening it again at 8am, when only his brother and our older cat came in through the catflap. In a way, it makes us feel better to know that he probably went quickly and isn't trapped somewhere. The not knowing was worse than the knowing. I wish I'd gone looking earlier, then I would have seen him. I think I'll contact the council in case they took a photo or something.
Once again, I'm really grateful you let me know. Was he quite small, mainly black with a very bushy tail and white socks/bib, that you noticed?
Best wishes
Claudia

Posted by: LadyNorwood 05 September, 2014 16:15

That's very sad news...

Posted by: unicorn47 05 September, 2014 18:23

Just to say as well, thank you very much to everyone who posted/emailed and phoned with possible sightings or information. We are very grateful and it was heart-warming to know there are so many people willing to help. Bubble and Squeak were abandoned on the corner of our road last October and wheedled their way into our house by being generally adorable, so I'd say anyone wondering about taking in a stray, go for it!

Posted by: gamefun 11 September, 2014 05:25

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2014 05:46 by LadyNorwood.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
                                Terms of use               RSS rss feed                Help & FAQs               Website Design