The West Dulwich Forum
Share your thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich, SE21

Red route outside station
Posted by: Sammm 28 September, 2014 17:05

Hello, my daughter picked up a friend at West Dulwich station yesterday afternoon - -Saturday, about 3pm - and STOPPED THE CAR ON A RED ROUTE!! I am not a Londoner but i remember when red routes were introduced and i thought that stopping, even only momentarily, was absolutely forbidden. Seems it depends on whether its a single red route line or a double red line but i cant find this out. Can one of you locals tell me the the likely consequence? thanks for any info.

Re: Red route outside station
Posted by: SteveA 12 October, 2014 23:43

There's a marked bay under the bridge which would have been allowed at that time, they should have stopped there and that'd be 100% ok.

If they parked directly outside the station that's no stopping at any time (double red). They could get a penalty charge notice (fine). If they didn't get one at the time it's unlikely they'll receive one in the post though.

Single reds let you stop on some days/times, with signs showing when. Doubles are 24/7. Bays let you stop, but only at the times on the sign and for a limited amount of time (eg 20 minutes). Google Street View is pretty good for checking as you can usually zoom in and read the signs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
                                Terms of use               RSS rss feed                Help & FAQs               Website Design