The West Dulwich Forum
Share your thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich, SE21

The grumpy man who works in Tea West
Posted by: MtnBikeChick 16 March, 2015 15:49

Why is he so grumpy?

Re: The grumpy man who works in Tea West
Posted by: Libbylou 16 March, 2015 17:04

I have often wondered the same. The women who owns the cafe is so lovely and always very friendly, it's just such a shame the person she leaves in charge doesn't do her or her cafe justice. He makes zero effort to offer friendly customer service, it's almost like we are bothering him each time we order a coffee :(

Posted by: kirstysimone 17 March, 2015 21:15

i agree

Posted by: jules1y 31 March, 2015 19:10

I have been asking myself the same question. He can't even muster a "hello", let alone a smile. No idea why he has been left to run the cafe day to day.

Posted by: lisanug 07 April, 2015 13:30

Once you get to know him, he's a nice guy.

Posted by: RuthW 08 April, 2015 21:56

Why don't you approach him and let him know? Maybe there are things happening in his life that cause him to react like this, he may not be aware of it.
I have a frown in my brown but i'm a super happy person, I would have some people say 'come on, cheer up, its not all bad' and realised it was my brow frown. I'm paranoid about it now but sometimes, things aren't always as they seem.
However, this said... he needs to be aware that he is potentially turning customers away because of it.

Posted by: eggsbones 09 April, 2015 00:35

Yeah, if only this guy was as nice as all the people here who are slagging him off on the internet on something he very easily might read, rather than engaging with him directly. Sort of makes me want to side with him, to be honest.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
                                Terms of use               RSS rss feed                Help & FAQs               Website Design