The West Dulwich Forum
Share your thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich, SE21

Childminder West Dulwich
Posted by: dave81 27 July, 2015 20:21

Hi all,

My wife is rapidly approaching the unfortunately inevitable time where she will return to work and is seriously suffering from what I have seen referred to as "guilty working mum syndrome". As a result we are both stressing about what to do with our 9 month old baby when the time comes in October (at which time she'll be 12 months old).

Can we please ask for any recommendations or feedback on the local nurserys and childminders? My wife has obsessively researched and we're aware Nellys is the best rated place but has a restrictively long waiting list. We've also read that Rainbow Smiles appears to be the best alternative. What we'd love to hear is feedback from others that currently use Rainbow Smiles - good or bad, any further recommendations for nurserys in the West Dulwich area or finally any recommendations for childminders in the area too. Currently my wife would prefer a childminder over nursery as the view is our daughter would get more personal time with a CM over a nursery.

Any help would be really appreciated, we're both worried about where to put our little girl!

Many thanks,

Re: Childminder West Dulwich
Posted by: kirstysimone 29 July, 2015 20:10

Clive Hall is an extremely good nursery (doesn't have website) and so is Anabela's Day Care. Very short drive away in West Norwood.
I personally thought even though Nelly's has amazing facilities. It's over rated. However finding suitable child care is a very personal decision. Good luck in your search.

If you are on Facebook, groups such as 'SE27 Parents' 'Crystal Palace Mums' Will help with feedback

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
                                Terms of use               RSS rss feed                Help & FAQs               Website Design