The West Dulwich Forum
Share your thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich, SE21

Clive Road car break in last night (Tuesday 8th Sept)
Posted by: MtnBikeChick 09 September, 2015 15:38

Just to warn everyone to be extra vigilant...

We live near the Park Hall Road end of Clive Road and our car (which was parked in our driveway) was "broken into" last night, sometime between around 9:30pm and 6:45am. Nothing of any great value was in the car and they only stole a couple of small items - nothing of great value, but they did make a mess of the inside of the car. I really just wanted to put out a reminder to neighbours to be extra vigilant.

What was slightly strange was that there was no forced entry and the alarm did not go off. This means that someone disabled the car's eletrics (I understand there are devices available that can do this....). The car is less than a year old and has an auto-locking system if it is left unlocked for a certain number of minutes so the car was not unlocked. They were very quiet (we sleep at the front of the house and have a gravel drive and still didn't hear anything).

I have reported the incident to the police.

Re: Clive Road car break in last night (Tuesday 8th Sept)
Posted by: simps22 09 September, 2015 15:53

We live on South Croxted Road and have had our car broken into twice in the last month. Again there is no forced entry and the alarm did not go off. They twice searched the car and made a right mess and to our knowledge stole nothing! We never leave anything of value.

Very frustrating and there does seem to be anything one can do to prevent this happening.

Re: Clive Road car break in last night (Tuesday 8th Sept)
Posted by: stuart-WD 10 September, 2015 11:29

We live on Clive Road and had 2 rims/wheels stolen from our car about a month ago and a similar car was also targetted a week before. Neither of our alarms rang when the crime was taking place.

That's 4 car crimes in the last month alone. Did the police say anything useful?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
                                Terms of use               RSS rss feed                Help & FAQs               Website Design