The West Dulwich Forum
Share your thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich, SE21

Mum meet-ups West Dulwich?
Posted by: Lena2907 25 March, 2017 22:31

Hello,
Are there any meet-up groups for mums in West Dulwich? I've just moved here with a 9-month old baby and I'm still on mat leave. Anyone else? X

Re: Mum meet-ups West Dulwich?
Posted by: JayMey 06 April, 2017 09:21

Hello and welcome to WD! I am back at work now following maternity leave but I can really recommend the Acorns group at Chatsworth Methodist Church on a Friday morning. It's such a lovely relaxed group, turn up when you like, pop your little one amongst the toys, and have a cup of tea! Here are the details: http://www.chatsworthbaptist.org.uk/toddlersandbabygroups.htm
Also, download the 'Hoop' app - it lists a lot of the different groups in the area.

Re: Mum meet-ups West Dulwich?
Posted by: Fatcats 07 April, 2017 07:50

I've also gone back to work now but second the Little Acorns recommendation. It's a really friendly, relaxed group. The Stay and Play at Rosendale Children's Centre is also a really good one, it's on Mondays, I think it starts at 10am, term time only. Best not to be late for that one as they have a limited number of spaces and it's popular.

No idea whereabouts in West Dulwich you are, but if you're prepared to walk into West Norwood, Herne Hill or get the bus to Crystal Palace there's obviously loads more options. At West Norwood leisure you've got baby swimming lessons, they used to be on a Monday, cost was about 2.50. Again really popular so get there a bit early. I also heard really good things about Bopping Tots, that's at the Leisure centre, also I think on a Monday. Then there is Rhyme Time at West Norwood library, I think on a Wednesday morning.

Dulwich Wood children's centre is worth checking out for their stay and plays. And Kingswood children's centre also run a lovely stay and play.

The website SE19kids.com is a good one for finding out what's going on locally.

And Brixton Recreation centre has a great creche if you ever need some time off!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
                                Terms of use               RSS rss feed                Help & FAQs               Website Design