The West Dulwich Forum
Share your thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich, SE21

Interesting old building!
Posted by: BingoChamp 17 July, 2018 18:32

My son and I walked past an old building today on the way to Brockwell park. We looked over the front briefly however couldn't come to any conclusion about its past. Any old school residents available to shed some light. Ive attached a photo. I think it could of been a market? or perhaps a garage. Any info or photos would be very interesting. Were not in the property development game or anything. just very curious :)

Attachments: Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 18.22.51 (1).png (539.6KB)  
Re: Interesting old building!
Posted by: Pieman 20 July, 2018 20:12

Hi BingoChamp

It seems it was an old dairy

"Full marks to those who identified this Edwardian building as a dairy. It was designated a Locally Listed Building by Lambeth Council in 2012 - the listing description reads: 279 Rosendale Road SE24 9EJ - Arts and Crafts style former milk depot with attractive brick frontage building. 1906. banded fašade with buillseye windows. it is protected by the Peabody Estate Conservation Area designated in 1999."

This was taken from the forum in the link below

https://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/mystery-building-rosendale-road.280102/page-2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
                                Terms of use               RSS rss feed                Help & FAQs               Website Design