Volunteer Group Support opportunity with older people
Posted by: LASwark
25 July, 2018 14:23
Link Age Southwark is a vibrant local charity providing friendly volunteer support to over 600 isolated, older people in Southwark. We help older people stay connected with their communities, alleviating loneliness, improving health and wellbeing and making communities stronger through volunteering. We recruit, train and support volunteers to deliver our services - we currently work with over 400 fantastic volunteers.
We have a group for older people who love getting together for conversation and to reminisce on their chosen topics. We are seeking like-minded volunteers who can support the existing lead volunteer.
We are looking for volunteers who can help on a Wednesday afternoon with:
- Setting up and clearing away activities,
- Welcoming group attendees,
- Preparing and serving refreshments - this may include buying refreshments for which expenses are refunded,
- Socialising with group members and stimulating conversation,
- Keeping a register of attendances
- Assisting with publicising activities within the venue to attract more participants,
It is a friendly group which is held in a public venue at Kingswood House, Seeley Drive, SE21. The group meets fortnightly and the older members meet on their own every other week. Therefore the new role could also involve taking on the running of the group on the alternate weeks if you would like to.
We are seeking a volunteer who is:
able to attend training
happy to complete our screening
embrace our values
(Out of pocket expenses can be claimed)
Please email Melissa through the forum or see our website for further details: http://linkagesouthwark.org/volunteering/group-support/