The West Dulwich Forum
Share your thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich, SE21

Park Hall road - double yellow lines outside shops
Posted by: Tiddles 13 October, 2021 16:59

Utterly horrified to see double yellow lines outside the row of shops housing Cook, Jaadu, the opticians etc. Not only have these traders survived the Covid restrictions they are now actively being penalised by the council - the shops may be more visible but passing trade is now going to be lost.

Can anyone in Southwark give us a valid reason (there was No consultation whatsoever) - Southwark seem to be actively trying to destroy small independent businesses?

Re: Park Hall road - double yellow lines outside shops
Posted by: Kaa 14 October, 2021 10:54

They probably had a consultation, no idea if anybody objected. When I wrote to them regarding my intention to object to one of their so-called non-strategic traffic and highway improvements proposal for nearby street, I was told:
"Please note that this batch of MTS has not yet entered statutory consultation. The schemes are currently with our Traffic Management Order officer, awaiting the writing and advertising of the Notice of Proposal. When the is published, it will enter a 21 day objection period and notice will contain details of the correct email address for you to send your objection. The Notice of Proposal will be published in the London Gazette, Southwark News and on the Southwark Council website" and gave below link to me.
https://www.southwark.gov.uk/transport-and-roads/traffic-orders-licensing-strategies-and-regulation/traffic-management-orders?chapter=5

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/10/2021 10:56 by Kaa.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
                                Terms of use               RSS rss feed                Help & FAQs               Website Design