The West Dulwich Forum
Share your thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich, SE21

Looking for a good dentist in the area
Posted by: AlissaSkipwith 01 June, 2010 22:14

Hello everyone (who reads this),

I've recently moved to West Dulwich (I'm on Park Hall Road) and am looking to register with a good dental practice. Any recommendations? I don't suspect there are many to choose from...

Thanks

Re: Looking for a good dentist in the area
Posted by: SoCrox 02 June, 2010 08:33

my partner has just started going to Haynes Dental and is impressed with them (on the South Circular (Thurlow Park Road) just before Tulse Hill)

http://www.haynesdental.co.uk/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2010 08:34 by SoCrox.

Posted by: puffling 02 June, 2010 13:47

Avoid Half Moon dental practice in Herne Hill like the plague. I discovered this to my cost last year. :-(

Posted by: Hooray 02 June, 2010 14:30

I have been to Half Moon recently as a new patient and was pleased with the service I received. Their prices are lower than some Central London practices I looked at and the dentist and hygienist I saw were very friendly and thorough.

I used to go to Unique Dental Care in West Norwood. They take NHS as well as private patients. It's a no-frills kind of place but at least you can get an NHS place if you wish.

Posted by: puffling 03 June, 2010 10:40

My experience with Half Moon was not good. They took me on as an NHS patient but when I needed a root canal filling they told me this couldn't be done on the NHS and 'referred' me to a private practice in the West End who were quoting a scary £1000 to do the procedure. I was also in a huge amount of pain due to my tooth being infected and wasn't even given any antibiotics. I ended up going to my doctor for antiobiotics and signing up with my parents dentist in the Midlands. Just a word of warning if you're thinking of going there.

Posted by: vivavialli 03 June, 2010 11:38

I can recommend Dr Opie-Smith at the Dulwich Village dental practice. I think it is only private patients but she is very re-assuring and does a great job. Very modern surgery.

Posted by: steve 00 09 June, 2010 11:53

I can reccomend linden grove dental practice in se15 see detail on their web site,
Good luck.

Posted by: helenmitchell 14 June, 2010 14:48

Me too.

She part shares the surgery with a hygienist who is also very good too.

vivavialli Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can recommend Dr Opie-Smith at the Dulwich
> Village dental practice. I think it is only
> private patients but she is very re-assuring and
> does a great job. Very modern surgery.

Posted by: Fearde32 23 October, 2018 10:17

Finding a good dentist can be difficult. It took me a very long time to find a good dentist Torrance. I just got a tooth extraction from him and he is super amazing. I donít think I will be able to go to anybody else after this.

Posted by: LadyNorwood 23 October, 2018 14:53

Fearde32 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Finding a good dentist can be difficult. It took
> me a very long time to find a good dentist
> Torrance. I just got a tooth extraction from him
> and he is super amazing. I donít think I will be
> able to go to anybody else after this.

Where is Torrance? Not local I don't think???

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
                                Terms of use               RSS rss feed                Help & FAQs               Website Design