The West Dulwich Forum
Share your thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich, SE21

Nurseries SE27 and surrounding area
Posted by: jakey10 18 January, 2012 15:56

Hi, We have 22 month old whose currently with childminder but looking to move him to nursery. We've checked out Teddies and Norwood Manor so far and have a few others on the list, but wondered if anyone had any recommendations of Teddies or other nurseries they use. We want to move him before no.2 arrives and he has enough time to settle so it's not all change. Will be a lot closer than childminder though and being able to reduce days in care for him advantage as well. Any tips or recommendations of nurseries hugely appreciated. Thank you

Re: Nurseries SE27 and surrounding area
Posted by: enjoy 20 January, 2012 17:25

childspace.org
Loved it!

Posted by: minder 27 January, 2012 22:21

The only thing with Childspace is that it closes around 2pm so you would still need someone to collect your child if you worked later than this.

Posted by: spmoce 30 January, 2012 20:00

I highly recommend Rainbow Smiles on Rosendale Road. My son is 2 and a half and goes there full-time. He loves it. The staff are lovely and the place is happy and well taken care of.

Posted by: Mechelle 06 February, 2012 14:51

My son is now 3 and has been at Dulwich Wood (SE21 8QS) since he was 10 months. He loves it and its the only one in the area that has got 'good with outstanding features' by Ofsted. The under 3s is 'outstanding' and the 3-5s is 'good with outstanding features'
Hope that helps...

Posted by: MonkeySee 07 February, 2012 12:47

The other problem with ChildSpace is that you have to go as a carer once every 7 weeks or so, which is great in theory but they don't want you to bring a baby so there was just no way it was possible for us to make it work. Shame as it is a lovely space.

There are a few good places in Streatham and Streatham Hill. Our son is at Pathfield Nursery and really loves it. All the kids seem happy there and super friendly, as do/are the staff, and even though it is on the otherside of the hill, it is easier to work into our commutes then any of the west dulwich nurseries. Definitely worth having a look as the same may be true for you.

Posted by: Irish Girl 07 March, 2012 11:43

My child was at Nellys. Great nursery. They now have a nursery on Lancaster Avenue as well as Rosendale Road and Turney Road.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
                                Terms of use               RSS rss feed                Help & FAQs               Website Design