The West Dulwich Forum
Share your thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich, SE21

Tutor for English/uni applications
Posted by: rg1999 20 March, 2018 17:02

Hello!
I am an English student at Oxford university, and I studied English, History and French at A Level, achieving A*A*A respectively. Through child minding jobs during sixth form, I spent a lot of time helping various primary school children aged around 8-11 with basic maths and literacy, as well as preparation for SATs and 11+. However, I also have a lot of experience revising for and navigating the requirements of English literature GCSE and A level. As well as this, at university, I am an access rep for my college and I am a mentor for Project Access, which means I spend a lot of time working one-on-one with prospective Oxbridge students and helping them to make their application as strong as possible. I would be happy to help with tutoring for the ELAT (Oxbridge admissions test for English literature), interviews, personal statements etc.
My tuition focuses on revision techniques, then building up a good essay style which can be adapted both for exam situations and longer, non-timed assignments. I am able to give more detailed and personal feedback on how to improve a piece of writing than students may be getting from their teachers in school - I know from experience, having made the jump from classroom to tutorial based learning, that this extra level of detail and individual focus can make a huge difference to building up confidence and developing a clearer technique.
If you're interested, please PM me for my hourly rates and I will send you my email/phone number. Thank you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
                                Terms of use               RSS rss feed                Help & FAQs               Website Design