The West Dulwich Forum
Share your thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich, SE21

You are here: Forum > The Lounge
Evening Standard: Ugly Red Vans in Dulwich
Posted by: downsouth 06 October, 2008 08:50

I'm not sure if anyone saw this.
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23525350-details/How+the+suburbs+are+coming+under+siege+from+a+red+van+invasion/article.do

Re: Evening Standard: Ugly Red Vans in Dulwich
Posted by: KoolBananas 10 October, 2008 06:56

"But amazingly, while responsible motorists face ever tighter regulations, there is nothing unlawful about these unsightly, anti-social vans."

Anti-social? really? have people in the "Dulwich neighbourhood" that happens to cover Croxted Road turned into snobs? Oh get over yourselves!

Posted by: zebra 11 October, 2008 09:13

Dear KoolBananas

If you had read the article properly, you would have noticed that it was the journalist who wrote the words

"But amazingly, while responsible motorists face ever tighter regulations, there is nothing unlawful about these unsightly, anti-social vans."

It was not a Dulwich resident, the journalist could be living in any one of London's Boroughs.

If this thread had been on the East Dulwich Forum it would have been on page 4 by now with contributions querying the use of the English language written on the vans, the exact shade of red of the vans and whether they had moved 6 inches in the last 24 hours.
Get over yourself!

Posted by: DCSE21 26 November, 2008 10:47

Have often considered painting the '3' into an '8' on the telephone number displayed on the vans.

If nobody calls him and his business dries up, maybe he'll sod-off elsewhere!

Either that, or chuck a large tarpaulin over the thing!

Posted by: woofmarkthedog 14 January, 2009 13:19

Grrrr ...snap.. snaffle..
Whats the problem see link below ....not much difference is there and these vans are a limited edition of 3.....llaaa ...soooo exclusive dahling...mwah mwah...you dont know what's under your own nose......a bit like those people who had a Banksy works on their property and called it graffiti....street art now i$nt it.......GGGrrrrr wooof

http://luxury.malleries.com/louis-vuitton-graffiti-keepall-50-silver-travel-bag-limited-edition-i-19962-s-94.html

Posted by: BadPuppy 16 January, 2009 15:12

I shall personally stop buying the Evening Standard now that a Russian fellow is going to own it...

Maybe that will stop those damn vans from parking here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bad Puppy is in town and looking for someone to play with

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
                                Terms of use               RSS rss feed                Help & FAQs               Website Design