The West Dulwich Forum
Share your thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich, SE21

You are here: Forum > The Lounge
New Tube Station in Crystal Palace
Posted by: euanj 12 February, 2009 15:04

I know it's not in Dulwich but this tube station is due to open in June next year. http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/ell_route_map.pdf It should prove useful for those who work in the City (a direct link to Bishopsgate) or Canary Wharf. Another benefit could be not having to sit in traffic on Croxted Road heading north. Is anyone else looking forward to it?

Also, just approved today is the extension going thru Peckham and Denmark Hill (in favour of the line to East Dulwich) http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23640118-details/East+London+railway+extension+to+Clapham+is+given+the+go-ahead/article.do

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2009 17:10 by euanj.

Re: New Tube Station in Crystal Palace
Posted by: zebra 12 February, 2009 18:42

I'm also looking forward to you NOT sittting in South Croxted Road, heading north, then heading south again. Maybe this will help our lovely road become a lot calmer.

Posted by: euanj 13 February, 2009 10:21

Sorry that we've been causing you so much distress but both Croxted Roads form part of the A2199 which is a feeder road to the South Circular. Presumably you knew that before you moved to the road.

Posted by: zebra 13 February, 2009 12:53

What we really object to is the speed of the traffic when it is not at a standstill!! Also many drivers don't stop at the zebra crossing, even for children and the elderly, presumably because they're speeding in the first place. Also when I moved into the road, there wern't speed humps and width limiters on Alleyn Road and Alleyn Park so traffic wasn't as bad or the motorists so selfish.

Posted by: euanj 20 February, 2009 12:49

I know what you mean. Some motorists just don't look out. I normally have to stand at the Zebra crossing for a while before a car stops.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
                                Terms of use               RSS rss feed                Help & FAQs               Website Design