The West Dulwich Forum
Share your thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich, SE21

You are here: Forum > The Lounge
Information wanted on Trooper Stanley Leonard Gordon Upton, killed in Action on August 30 1944
Posted by: Oldman1 09 July, 2018 20:48

Good evening I am researching the death of Trooper Stanley Leonard Gordon Upton who died as a member of the 53rd Welch Reconnaissance Regiment part of the Royal Armoured Corps on August 30th 1944 in Normandy France. His body lies in the cemetery in Les Hogues. He was born to Leornard H G Upton and Flora Upton of West Dulwich. He died at the age of 27.

What I would like to do is to find any existing relatives to possibly invite them to future ceremonies of remembrance and to find out his cause of death. He died on the same day as three others in his regiment and I would like to find out if his death is related. I have tried local archives here in France and have found nothing. Can anyone help?

I have thought of looking at local newspaper archives or contact a local paper that was around at the time but living in France as I do I have no idea what paper would have existed at that time in Dulwich.

Thanks in advance.

Alex.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2018 20:49 by Oldman1.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
                                Terms of use               RSS rss feed                Help & FAQs               Website Design