The West Dulwich Forum
Share your thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich, SE21

You are here: Forum > The Lounge
If West Dulwich was on the monopoly board
Posted by: Parkhall76 15 November, 2007 12:08

Where would it go? On the brown like the Old Kent Road or Purple like Mayfair or somewhere else. An imaginary prize to the best reasons. As contrasts maybe throw in some other nearby areas.

For my own part I'd say

Peckham - Brown (Old Kent Road)worn out round the edges
West Dulwich - Red (Strand) Not too shabby
East Dulwich - Yellow (Leiciester Square) Buzzing
Gipsy Hill/Crystal Palace - Light blue (Angel circa. 1980s) Seen better days but could regain its grandeur
Dulwich Village - Green (Bond Street) Neat and ordely

Re: If West Dulwich was on the monopoly board
Posted by: downsouth 15 November, 2007 21:10

LOL - not too shabby!

West Dulwich would be Angel nice parts but next to some very less nice parts.
East Dulwich would be one of the orange ones expensive but not as expensive as elsewhere i.e. folk moving from SW to get more for their buck but not slumming it on a brown or blue square.

Posted by: LadyDul 16 November, 2007 11:02

Well according to the recent survey London as a whole is a pink square and St Albans mauve. http://www.monopoly.co.uk/HoldingPage/index.aspx Still. For West Dulwich it is certifiably Pall Mall. Off the beaten track but well groomed.

Posted by: Parkhall76 16 November, 2007 12:27

LadyDul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well according to the recent survey London as a
> whole is a pink square and St Albans mauve.

It's probably because London is a tale of two halves. Still think it could have been a bit further up the Board!

Posted by: downsouth 16 November, 2007 16:31

I'm betting the denizens of the provinces were perhaps slightly more excited about their position on the board than Londoners who have a board based on individual streets. It's a bit like X Factor really.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
                                Terms of use               RSS rss feed                Help & FAQs               Website Design