The West Dulwich Forum
Share your thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich, SE21

You are here: Forum > The Lounge
Views wanted on a new vintage shop
Posted by: Rosendale lady 12 August, 2009 11:36

I am very keen to start a business preferably a vintage shop. There is a beautiful Chemist (complete with original fixtures and fittings) on Rosendale Road and I would love to have it there. Does the forum think there would be appetite for that kind of business?

Re: Views wanted on a new vintage shop
Posted by: EastDulwichNeighbour 12 August, 2009 13:10

Hope it all goes well!

Posted by: nessie 12 August, 2009 13:33

vintage clothing - sounds fun??

Posted by: vivavialli 24 August, 2009 10:44

Excuse my ignorance. What is a vintage shop?

Posted by: lanna 26 August, 2009 11:38

I think its a great idea...I would definitely frequent the shop and we need SOMETHING interesting to potter around in on rosendale road. what sorts of items would you be trading?

Posted by: Rosendale lady 26 August, 2009 12:59

Sadly the shop has gone to the owners newphew- so am on the look out for somewhere new. Open to ideas :)

I was planning in selling vintage clothes and chinese style furntiure. A kind of Indiana Jones meets 1930s style Shangai.

Posted by: SoCrox 07 September, 2009 07:38

Hi Rosendale Lady - if you're a vintage fan you might already know the site below - it has a good piece on vintage shops just up the road in Crystal Palace - might be a good place to look for a shop as there are lots vacant round there and I guess you'd benefit from people visiting those shops and who would therefore be likley to have an interest in what you're selling?

http://www.queensofvintage.com/south-londons-best-kept-vintage-shopping-secret-crystal-palace

Posted by: Rosendale lady 18 September, 2009 10:57

Thanks that is really helpful. I will check it out. Cheers

Posted by: sparky 24 September, 2009 20:50

Shame about the vintage shop that would have been good. Don't suppose you know what the new owner is going to turn the shop into? Will be nice to have it open again.

Posted by: Rosendale lady 25 September, 2009 08:18

I'm not sure he didn't say but this was some time ago and I haven't sewn any movement.
I am very curious though:)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
                                Terms of use               RSS rss feed                Help & FAQs               Website Design