The West Dulwich Forum
Share your thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich, SE21

You are here: Forum > The Lounge
Charity Fundraiser for Japan Tsunami Disaster?
Posted by: lovelacegirl 05 April, 2011 03:21

Hi,

I don't know why this idea has occured to me so early in the morning but I was just thinking maybe it would be a good idea to hold a fundraising event in aid of the Japanese disaster. These are some of my idea's i've been throwing about in my head to raise money:

- Get the residents of the local area to do a photography project of west dulwich, print the best photos and auction them off

-Sell second hand/home-made items

-Concert of local musicians/choirs/bands etc

- "Cook off"

- All of the above and make a big day of it?

Anyways these are some of my ideas if you would like to help get the wheels in motion then contact me cos I have no idea how to go about this, I'm just mainly an ideas person but yeah..
Get in touch lets make this happen hopefully? :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2011 03:21 by lovelacegirl.

Re: Charity Fundraiser for Japan Tsunami Disaster?
Posted by: Maam 05 April, 2011 10:40

What a lovely idea lovelacegirl!

You could add: laps around Dulwich Park. In fact, for Red Nose Day, I (along with about 60 others) did just that. The poster Proj London Health and his wife organised the event. Everyone who entered paid 5 AND ran (or walked) around the whole of DP 3 times. Our combined efforts raised over 400. You could perhaps PM him (he posts on here and on the EDF). They are an amazing couple who perform an enormous amount of charity work.

I am afraid (unlike you) I am not an ideas person, but, once I see that someone else has organised something, I am always more than happy to partipate and/or donate to the cause. Those poor Japanese people need all the help they can get.

I shall look out for your posts on here.

GOOD LUCK x

Posted by: LadyNorwood 07 April, 2011 14:55

that's a terrific idea (given that there has been another earthquake today and a tsunami warning) - need someone who knows how to organise charity events... i'm very happy to get involved - PM if you would prefer! good on you lovelacegirl

Posted by: Major Algy Wymondham 07 April, 2011 15:18

Top idea lovelacegirl!

Happy to donate/participate in any event.

Algy

Posted by: downsouth 07 April, 2011 16:26

Sounds like a good idea to me as well. Happy to donate and, if time permits, help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
                                Terms of use               RSS rss feed                Help & FAQs               Website Design