The West Dulwich Forum
Share your thoughts about Dulwich and West Dulwich, SE21

You are here: Forum > The Lounge
What activities should be there for elders in care homes and nursing homes?
Posted by: kevinbrown10 25 May, 2011 10:37

Hi everyone, i am Kevin and through this post i would like to know from all of you that what do you think what activities should be there so that they can enjoy life in care homes? i mean to say what would you like to advise elders of care homes so that they can entertain themselves without needing care home staff? waiting for your responses, thanks in advance.

Regards
Kevin

[url=http://www.carehomestoday.co.uk/]Care Homes[/url]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2011 10:38 by kevinbrown10.

Re: What activities should be there for elders in care homes and nursing homes?
Posted by: frustratedmother 25 May, 2011 18:28

really depends on whose there, my dad is 85 and live by himself he goes to backgammon club once a week, i expect chess and drafts too. bridge/ whist? reading groups? sounds awful to me , but i think thats what older people want-

Re: What activities should be there for elders in care homes and nursing homes?
Posted by: kevinbrown10 03 June, 2011 08:35

Yes, you are saying it true quite a lot that a lot depends on elders as they know better that what suits them and what not but by these activities they can keep themselves happy and it reflect in their personality also and helps them to spend their time in care home. Usually an elder will feel lonely and depressed in case when he/she will not found anyone to which he/she can share something and probably that is the reason that some elders while not being medically ill joins the care homes.

[url=http://www.carehomestoday.co.uk/]Care Homes[/url]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2011 08:36 by kevinbrown10.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
                                Terms of use               RSS rss feed                Help & FAQs               Website Design